Homelessness NSW is not a housing provider or a direct support service. If you are seeking emergency accommodation, visit Link2Home.
The Industry Partnership has delivered workforce and industry development programs since 2014. We provide training, resources and support to NSW Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS) to help respond to current issues and to support the sector to deliver high quality services now and into the future.
We are a partnership between the three NSW homelessness peak bodies, who are:
Homelessness NSW – the peak not-for-profit organisation that works with its members to prevent and reduce homelessness across NSW;
Domestic Violence NSW – the peak, statewide representative body for a diverse range of specialist domestic and family services in NSW; and
Yfoundations – the NSW peak body representing young people at risk, or experiencing homelessness, as well as the services that provide direct support to vulnerable young people.
A NSW homelessness sector in which SHSs provide quality supports and services to people experiencing homelessness, including young people; people leaving domestic and family violence and people sleeping rough.
1. NSW SHS are equipped to deliver quality supports and services, within a trauma informed framework
2. NSW SHS are equipped to measure and demonstrate the outcomes and impact of their service
3. NSW SHS workforce is skilled and capable at all levels, including leadership
4. NSW SHS are supported to network and collaborate
5. NSW SHS across NSW are sustainable
6. NSW SHS provide culturally safe and competent services for Aboriginal clients and communities
The Industry Partnership works to the NSW Homelessness Industry and Workforce Development Strategy. You can find full details of our current and previous strategies below.
NSW Homelessness Industry and Workforce Development Strategy 2020-2024